Thursday, 1 January 2009

2009 - Nurture


This idea originally came from scrapbook guru Ali Edwards in 2007.

Here is the spiel from her blog:

"one little word

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.

Last year I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January - a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. Last year my word was something I wanted to bring into my life in a more tangible way."
2008 was "Less" - which I really didn't do well at. I think most of the things I was aiming for didn't happen due to my own procrastination.

2007 was "enough" - which was the beginning of my journey to a simpler life and the year I stopped buying "stuff" just for the sake of it.

2009 - I have chosen "nurture".
Nurture [nur-cher]

-verb (used with object)
1. to feed and protect: to nurture one's offspring.
2. to support and encourage, as during the period of training or development; foster: to nurture promising musicians.
3. to bring up; train; educate.

–noun
4. rearing, upbringing, training, education, or the like.
5. development: the nurture of young artists.
6.something that nourishes; nourishment; food.

Over the next few weeks I am going to set a tangible goal for each month, that reflects the word nurture.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great to see you back blogging Lis. Hopefully see you saturday!