Wednesday 13 May 2009

Butterscotch Biscuits

Quick to make and I always double or triple the recipe and freeze the uncooked flattened balls :)
If cooking from frozen allow an extra couple of minutes.

125g butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 1/4 cups self- raising flour

Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugar and golden syrup together in a bowl. Stir in sifted flour until all combined. Roll into walnut sized balls. Place about 5cm apart on greased oven trays and flatten with a fork. Bake for 15 mins (soft) or 20 mins (crunchy) at 180c.

* My children prefer them crunchy - to freeze the dough I line a container with freezer wrap or baking paper and the slightly flatten rolled balls onto it. You can do multiple layers you'll just need to flatten the balls first before adding layers between sheets of paper.

3 comments:

Lightening said...

Ooh yummmm....these sound good. Will have to try them. :)u

Joolz said...

Hello Lis

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have answered the Q about Weber pizzas. Do try them, if you can get your hands on one of the pizza stones.

Cheers - Joolz

Tracy said...

Hi Lis. I found your blog via The Tin House and I must confess I am in love. What a gold mine of slow cooker recipes that suit the Aussie palate! Just what I needed upon having moved from working 1 day a week to 4!