Friday 14 September 2007

And now for something with no added sugar!

My boyfriend saw this today on Ellen, I had to see it to believe it!

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce

2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)

2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)

2 eggs, beaten

1 (9-ounce) box raisins

1 pinch salt

1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:

1 stick butter

1 pound box confectioners' sugar

Rum, to taste

Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

4 comments:

Kez said...

Ugggh - my teeth just rotted reading that :)

Lisa said...

Ooooohhhh....my pastor LOVES Krisy Kreme doughnuts. I'm going to have to make him this!.

I found you through Jewels blog. I'm enjoying the visit!

Blessings,
Louscrew Lisa
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/louscrew

Minni Mum said...

Good lord, I'm having heart palpitations just reading it!!! *Shudder*

Lis said...

Kez and Crazy I have to agree with you both. I like sweet things but it is too much for me!
Lisa...welcome to my blog, I'd love to get some feedback on waht it tastes like...glad you enjoyed your visit :)