I have spent the last few weeks "lurking" and reading a lot of "eco/green" blogs. I have started thinking about the way we live our lives and our impact that it is having on our planet. Funnily enough at the start of 2007, inspired by a scrapbooker (Ali Edwards) - in her Ezine she challenged everyone to come up with "one little word" and she posed the question "Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2007?"...the word I chose was ENOUGH...which was applying to the amount of "stuff" I was accumulating, particularly scrapping stuff!
But as things have changed this year I have been slowly applying it to other areas in my life:
- looking at what I spend money on and making myself really decide if I need it
- trying to use what I have or buy second hand goods where available
- getting back into baking and freezing foods as well as making double batches of meals I can freeze
- decluttering 15 minutes at a time (using Fly lady as inspiration)
- growing my own "greens" to use in salads and cooking (only started that this month)
I'm sure I'll think of more things later....suffice to say I have enough stuff in my life and I intend to use it.
A few people who are helping to inspire me are Rhonda , NoImpactMan and Vanessa. As I get better at doing this and learn how to make my page groovier I'll start up a faves list!
take care of you.