Sunday 20 January 2008

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

WARNING!!!! I take no responsibility for any calories gained from reading, making or eating this cheesecake! This ones for you Mark :P
And for the all the people who called me evil when I posted the honeycomb cheesecake recipe...this just confirms you were right :)

PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE

1 c. graham cracker crumbs (I used milk arrowroot biscuits)
1/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 c. sugar
2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tbsp. melted butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
4 oz. semisweet chocolate
3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. hot coffee

Cream cheese adds a rich texture to this delicious and unusual cheesecake.
Combine crumbs, brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter.
Press into bottom and halfway up sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
Beat peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Beat cream until soft peaks form.
Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
Spoon into crust.
Refrigerate 6 hours.
Melt chocolate with coffee in double boiler over gently simmering water.
Spread atop filling.
Refrigerate until firm.

N.B.I have never actually put the choc/coffee glaze onto the cheesecake as it seem rich enough already without it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww this ones for me haha! I dont know when I'm going to get a chance to make it but I'm sure it will be as good as all of the other recipes that I have tried from your vast collection over the past year or so.

m xx

Lis said...

Mark - NO! we can't make it while we are all still in diet mode! Thank you for the compliment regarding my other recipes, I will keep sharing them :)