Sunday 10 February 2008

Shoestring Sunday - Leftovers

Today we had a bbq lunch, as a belated celebration for my boyfriends birthday. After the bbq I had to decide what we were going to eat for dinner. Leftover from lunch I had 1/2 a garden salad and two pieces of marinated steak that had been barbequed.
I thought for a while and then decided I would make a thai beef salad with what I had on hand.

Thai Beef Salad

Dressing
1 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp powered ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbs finely chopped mint

Salad
2 pieces cooked steak, sliced into thin strips
200g pkt grape tomatoes
1 continental cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
1 capsicum, cut into thin strips
1 carrot, sliced inot thin rings
1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
mixed salad leaves

Method
Whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
Place the steak in a bowl and drizzle with half the dressing.
Combine the salad ingredients together and then add the meat.
Toss again and then divide inot bowls for serving, drizzle each with some of the reserved dressing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. I love Thai beef salad.

Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Lis, I'm back reading blogs again. : ) Your restaurant style menu made me smile. What a nice way to describe your food.

Anonymous said...

Lis, I miss you. Where are you? I hope you're okay.

hugs,

Kate