Monday 6 August 2007

Blondies

No I'm not talking about the 80's rock sensation, or the fact that I do have blonde moments!

This is another in my series of "family favourite" recipes. I can't lay claim to inventing it...it comes from the fedup website. It was one of the first recipes I tried when we went failsafe.

They are called blondies because they are like brownies, but without the cocoa!


BLONDIES

2 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of butter (125g)
2 cups of packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp of vanilla (optional)

1/4 tsp sea salt

failsafe carob buttons (optional) final step.
Grease a 13x9x2 inch (35x22x5cm) baking pan. Combine flour, baking powder and sea salt. Melt butter, remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir till combined. Stir mixed dry ingredients (and carob buttons, if desired) into sugar mixture. Spread in pan. Bake in a 180’C (350’F) oven 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into bars while warm.


My children don't like the carob buttons on them, plain is just as nice! Yes, they will be quite soft in the middle, how soft is up to you. I normally got 25 -30 minutes in my oven. You might need to adjust times to suit your oven.


Today I found the birthday bed, yesterday we found the doona cover and sheets. So it seems the birthday gifts are all organised. Now we just have to organise the celebrations. We will share this one as she is at her Dad's house on her actual birthday, so as it our tradition he will cook her chosen meal. As for her celebration with friends, she want to go out to dinner with a few girlfriends, not sure what else she has in mind, but I am sure we will figure it out...soon I hope!


I now hav ea glut of lemons from my parents who pruned back their tree on the weekend. Tomorrow perhaps I will try and make some lemon cordial.


take care of you.

No comments: