Sunday 26 August 2007

Waiting...

I have spent the last few days waiting for a phone call. My best friends baby has still not arrived, seems she is not in a hurry to leave her warm watery home and frankly who would be? If nothing happens today she is booked into to be induced tomorrow. The wonderful people I work with have been great in allowing me to call them if I needed to leave work, even on their day off! Fortunately I haven't had to do this, but I want to say thank you anyway for your support and understanding. Rest assured you guys will be one of the first I ring :)

I have a few errands to run this morning, part of Sarah's bed had cracked so I need to drive back to the place of purchase to get the part exchanged.
The other night I managed to pick up some winter school tracksuit pants for Sarah for $7.50 a pair. I am going past one of the other stores in the same chain this morning to see if I can get another few pairs. The normal retail price is $25 - so they are good buying at $7.50! I am getting them a size bigger for next year :)
I do tend to buy plain items like jeans, t-shirts, windcheaters at the end of the season on sale, a size bigger ready for next winter! I do find it saves me money and I am very selective about what I buy, especially since my children are becoming more "fashion conscious" as they get older. I think as I said before the trick is to pick up the plainer items.
take care of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

All four of my babies were induced very late. The people who had volunteered to mind the other children when I was in labour found this very frusrating, as they had to wait so long to be called into action. I hope your friend's delivery goes well, and you get there in time.