Friday 21 December 2007

Christmas Countdown - Part 3

Okay well only 24 hours before the first Christmas celebration at my house. My best friend and her family are coming over for lunch tomorrow (Saturday). Then I have Christmas Eve here with my immediate family as well as my ex-hubby. My children enjoy spending time with both their parents together. Fortunately as I have shared custody of my children I remain on good terms with my ex. I know this is not always the case, but I decided from the beginning that it was not my children fault that we divorced, so they should not have to suffer as a result of it.
Anyway enough about me, back to my updated list - today is going to be busy:

- leg waxing appointment
- drive ex-hubby to city for day surgery- picking up children at same time :)
- stop off at bunnings on way home to get heat beads/fire lighters (none of my local shops have the brand that works best)
- stop off on way home at gift shop to buy secret Santa gift for work mate (saw item the other day so know what I am buying)
- feed children lunch once we get home
- clean house like a mad woman, with a little help from my children
- defrost and marinate chicken for lunch tomorrow
- defrost mince for lunch tomorrow
- make 3 x cookie in a jar mix
- bake more peanut butter cookies
- make baileys
- make peanut butter cheesecake
- make fudge/shortbread if I get time
- using rainwater give back verandah a wash
- sort out table decoration for Saturday/Monday and put storage tubs away till after Christmas :)
Okay that just about does it for today :)
Not sure I will get it all done, but no doubt I will rope my boyfriend & children in to assist with some items.

A few items I can cross off:
-hunt down Christmas present for my parents (in progress - waiting for response from my sister)-
- start shopping list for 3 Christmas meals, now menus has been finalised
-Op shop for some trays/baskets/bowls (for gift baskets)


My next update will be on Saturday night or Sunday morning and I hope to post some photos of our first Christmas function.

3 comments:

Kez said...

I hope it goes well Lis!!! Good luck with your list.

Lis said...

Thanks Kez!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Lis!

Good luck with your list.

Kate