Friday 6 July 2007

Tangy Lemon Cake

Rhonda over at down-to-earth was asking for recipes to use up excess lemons.
This would have to be my favourite "lemony" recipe.

125g butter
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour

Soften butter and cream with sugar, then add lemon rind and eggs. Add flour and milk. Bake for 45 mins in a moderate oven (around 200c)

After removing from oven, pour the following mixture over the surface and leave to cool in the tin.

1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar.
Put in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa (Miss Greenie)

Great recipe , might try it over the weekend

Jo

Lis said...

Thanks for visiting Jo, I'm sure you'll love it...If I get time to make one today I'll post a pic later!

Anonymous said...

HI Lisa I made it yesterday Thanks its a great cake now to enjoy eating it before the boys do!!
Jo

shandora said...

gosh! I found the link on Rhonda's blog, and so yesterday I thought to try this cake.....it's delicious! I love the texture of it, somehow it has a softer texture than other cakes (probably because of the sirop that is put on afterwoods) and the taste is great! This is going to be one of my favorites! thank you!!!!!

shandora said...

Hi again, just wanted to say that the whole family is making your cake now and we all love it. I made one slightly different today, and switched the lemon for orange, and half of the the cake had cacao added to it, so it became a tangy chocolate/orange cake...wonderful as well!

Anonymous said...

Hi I have been looking for a good lemon recipe thanks

Linda